Division Zero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Division Zero

Division Zero is a RP based on the Bleach series.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» It exists still?
Possible new site I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 11:52 pm by Solar Apo

» How many still visit?
Possible new site I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 10:02 am by Solar Apo

» Good memories :)
Possible new site I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 4:54 am by Yumikkaku

» Site Future, here is your chance for input.
Possible new site I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 5:34 pm by Solar Apo

» Possible new site
Possible new site I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 3:15 am by Solar Apo

» faction colors
Possible new site I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:09 pm by Rukuya

» So.... just wondering
Possible new site I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:59 pm by Solar Apo

» Raging in the Training House.
Possible new site I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:11 pm by Kira the Crimson

» Gladiator Arena SUGGESTION THREAD
Possible new site I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:02 am by Kane

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
Possible new site 000aaa Photobucket
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 97 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:27 am

Possible new site

Go down 
+6
Emayecue
Oni Karasu
Kira the Crimson
Bebo
Rukuya
Boylan2.0
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Boylan2.0

Boylan2.0

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:06 pm

So the mechanics of actually rebooting the site, or keep on going with what we have are a little problematic. Its kind of a lose lose situation. The thought of actually just jumping ship is starting to look a little appealing, as long as we can keep a good portion of the people from here. So if a new site were to actually start, we need to decide what kind of site it will be. Do you want to keep on RPing bleach, or do you want change the theme to something a little more fresh?

Personally an Avatar site sounds really fun to me, and it will attract a crap load of people.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:09 pm

After thinking it over, I don't think I'd mind an Avatar RP. If using my character Kaimu there but as a bender instead of a shinigami would be fine. I never really got to do much with him in the first place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~ByaRukifan
Bebo

Bebo

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Personally I think the site should be made first, then the community should vote on what they'd like to see
Back to top Go down
Kira the Crimson

Kira the Crimson

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:34 pm

I wouldn't be opposed to an Avatar RP... but I know all of jack shit about Avatar. >_> It has some kind of elemental system though, right? I can dig those. I want to be a wind... bender? I guess that's what they're called lol.

As for starting a new site or not... doesn't matter one bit to me.
Back to top Go down
Oni Karasu

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 11:20 pm

If you all start up such a site, PM me a link. For now though, I don't think this forum has much hope left in it. Too many people have left, and all were people my characters were involved with. :/

If this site manages to turn it around, I'm here, but..just not really feeling it atm.
Back to top Go down
Emayecue

Emayecue

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:29 am

Forget me about an Avatar RP for sure.

I'm cool with bleach, because it got lots of options and I know how the drill works. I don't know anything about avatar, so I'll pass on that.

Regardless, if you want to purge the site and start new, fine by me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.runuo.com/community/
BronyPi

BronyPi

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 12:45 am

I'd be interested in an Avatar Rp, though I won't be leaving here.

And for Kira, it'd be an Airbender, though in canon I don't know if that's possible (haven't seen the new web series thing, but at least in the original series there was only the one left)
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 1:47 am

Right now there's a total of 4 (possibly 5 if the new baby is an airbender) in canon due to Legend of Korra. Though, I don't really see how it'd be impossible to play an airbender if we're not a totally canon RP and stick with OCs like this one.

:>

That is, if we DO actually go for an Avatar RP anyway
Back to top Go down
BronyPi

BronyPi

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 4:23 am

Indeed, if we diverge from Canon we've got all sorts of new things open.

Stuff like multi-element benders that aren't the avatar (technically it says (s)he's the only one to use all four, never says anything about 2/3)
Back to top Go down
Boylan2.0

Boylan2.0

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 4:24 am

Quote :
I'd be interested in an Avatar Rp, though I won't be leaving here.

What I meant was that the new site would only exist if just about everyone decide this one is too hard to revive. You would be here all by yourself, or with a whole new cast of people. Also the purpose of a new site wasnt originally to change the theme. I think when the topic was first brought up in the chat box; people were saying a new site might be the best option to get things going again, and changing the theme was kind if an afterthought. Dont feel like we have to change it if you want it to stay the same. Honestly I may have rushed this thread. We should probably have a poll first. If we do decide that an avatar RP is the best option though, there is a site for it ready to go.

P.S. I think we should deviate from the canon for airbenders if all this does happen, because restricting people to even 4 types of powers feels kinda iffy. But this is a discussion for far down the road
Back to top Go down
Bebo

Bebo

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:05 pm

Alright, so we'll do a final vote here. New site, yes or no?

I vote Yes.
Back to top Go down
Pyro

Pyro

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:18 pm

Just throwing out ideas for the airbender discussion...

Deviate from canon, have the airbenders still be a thing. From my very limited viewing of the show, fire is japan, earth is china, air is tibet, and water is... inuits? Indonesians and those islanders would be a better choice for this asialand. Now with this, split these four elements into other things that would be the specialties of different ethnic groups. Like the chinese expies would be focused on earth (soil and ground and such), while the mongolian expies would be focused on stone, for example.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:44 pm

I like the idea of a new site if we're going for the Avatar RP. I'd like to try my hands at playing a waterbender (or swampbender) if possible and I think it'd be fun.

Back to top Go down
Jawfree

Jawfree

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:23 am

I'd remake Emile, and he'd be the most Fabulously Crazy Waterbender.
Back to top Go down
Boylan2.0

Boylan2.0

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:54 am

Yuss
Back to top Go down
Solar Apo

Solar Apo

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:07 am

I would make a water bender healer. And she would be grumpy. And sometimes inflict more pain then she helps with.
Back to top Go down
Jawfree

Jawfree

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 4:59 am

Lol, 3 waterbenders already? Didn't know they'd be that popular.
Back to top Go down
Rukuya

Rukuya

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 5:02 am

lol I know right? I figured everyone would be jumping on being a firebender.
Water was just always a favorite of mine and I thought it'd be fun to play.

Back to top Go down
Bebo

Bebo

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:12 am

I'll be the badass firebender with a heart of gold
Back to top Go down
Bebo

Bebo

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:33 am

Pyro wrote:
Just throwing out ideas for the airbender discussion...

Deviate from canon, have the airbenders still be a thing. From my very limited viewing of the show, fire is japan, earth is china, air is tibet, and water is... inuits? Indonesians and those islanders would be a better choice for this asialand. Now with this, split these four elements into other things that would be the specialties of different ethnic groups. Like the chinese expies would be focused on earth (soil and ground and such), while the mongolian expies would be focused on stone, for example.

I don't think we need to get THAT serious lol
Back to top Go down
Emayecue

Emayecue

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:51 pm

I mean, I started to think stuff out of my head. Without knowing anything about the show and what not and what works and what don't, I'm getting some ideas.

Elemental powers have always been cool imo, and I could dig something related to Earth...

So once someone has a moment, maybe post some clips of Avatar that shows what kinda shit they do, so I can see if I can work on those ideas a little more.

I don't want whole shows, just some clips so I can briefly see them in actions.
Back to top Go down
Boylan2.0

Boylan2.0

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:32 pm

If you want to know the other three elements they should be there too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_BUqViiMKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ5kVTC03a8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA2OhJyYjPI

Adds random comment about how this search only took 10 seconds on youtube

Back to top Go down
Emayecue

Emayecue

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:40 pm

Boylan2.0 wrote:
If you want to know the other three elements they should be there too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_BUqViiMKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ5kVTC03a8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA2OhJyYjPI

Adds random comment about how this search only took 10 seconds on youtube

I figured I could have found stuff fairly easy on youtube, but since I don't know jacks about Avatar, I rather wanted someone that knows what they are talking about, select videos that are representative.
Back to top Go down
Emayecue

Emayecue

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:46 pm

So... from what I see, I guess one person does not have "specific" abilities.

Let's say you are a earth bender, then you don't have to describe your ability, you just do whatever could be considered earth bending and you are clear? So you don't have to select a handfull of ability that you are able to do?

Which would also mean, that pretty much every bender of the same type, has whatsoever the same abilities?

It's kind of a shame in a way, it takes away a lot of creativity for the players I believe.

Correct me if I don't get this right.
Back to top Go down
Boylan2.0

Boylan2.0

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:52 pm

I like how each style is actually based on a a style of Kung fu. They kind of dont do that in the new series though. Its more like their style is boxing with elements.

Quote :
Let's say you are a earth bender, then you don't have to describe your ability, you just do whatever could be considered earth bending and you are clear? So you don't have to select a handfull of ability that you are able to do?

Which would also mean, that pretty much every bender of the same type, has whatsoever the same abilities?

I wouldnt jump to those conclusions just yet. Those things will probably be decided once the character templates are made. Each bender can have their own style, and specific way of bending their element. So im guessing they will account for things like that. For example a water bender could specialize in ice, or a earth bender could specialize in sand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Possible new site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible new site   Possible new site I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible new site
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next